Sunday, October 14, 2007

Entire Immediate Family Shows for Book Reading at Home

In an unexpected turn of events, the whole family came out for my book reading at my parents' house.  though my parents' neighbors could not make it - one family is being routed by diphtheria, the other neighbors came up with an equally flimsy excuse - we had a spirited discussion among those who attended.  My father said my book "sucked," which is consistent with his general criticism of my activities.  Mother, who dareth not directly confront the master of the home, clucked her tongue at my father's forceful, admittedly constructive, commentary.  My youngest sister, who worships the ground I walk on, thought the story was better than Home on the Prairie.  We all, including me, dismissed such foolishness with hardy laughs.  We then partook in dessert of shortcake, with the exception of little Georgie, who was sent to bed after receiving a well-deserved lashing with the cat-o-nine for saying "fuck a pig" at the dinner table.

No comments: